About Saugahatchee Country Club
In March 1947, 190 acres known as "Old Drake Place" (which is now Indian Pines Golf Course) was purchased from Mr. and Mrs. B.C. Pope for $10,000 and a nine hole sand green course was laid out. Shortly thereafter, topsoil was brought in and the first grass greens in Lee County were constructed behind the existing sand greens. Road scrapers were brought in, rocks were removed, and fairways were laid out. This primitive course was opened for play in the last of April. The small frame house on the property was used as the first clubhouse and pro shop and a grass practice green was constructed in the front yard. June saw the constuction of a dam forming a 10-acre lake. The first tournament was played July 4, 1947.
In June 1949 a letter was sent to all the club members proposing the construction of a new clubhouse. Once financing was secured the clubhouse was built and opened July 4, 1950. More construction folowed and a second nine holes opened in 1951 and a pool was constructed in 1957.
The current location of Saugahatchee was opened in 1976 with an 18-hole par 72 layout which has changed very little since. A renovation project of the current clubhouse was approved and completed in 1996, and in May 2010 another major renovation has been completed.
Saugahatchee Country Club has 18 holes of golf, practice facilities, swimming pool, fitness center, lighted tennis courts, formal and casual dining facilities, two bars, and a ballroom that will seat 200 diners.
Please wear appropriate golf attire and respect the private club environment at all times. No outside coolers, beverages or food.
No Non-player guests allowed.
Cancellation Policy: 72 Hours